21 Recipes for the DIY Baby Food Parent
Now that your little love has experienced all of these foods individually and shown no reactions, the real fun begins! Let’s get that kitchen messy and make some baby food. Tools you may want:
- Blender or Food Processor
- Pumped breastmilk
- Real Butter (Kerrigold brand is real – or hit up your local farmers’ market!)
- Coconut Oil
- Ice cube trays or individual serving storage containers (BPA and phthalate free)
- Freezer space
- Steam the chopped carrot for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Put the salmon into a suitable dish, add the breastmilk, cover leaving an air vent and microwave for 1 ½ to 2 minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- (You could poach the salmon in a pan of milk over a low heat until it flakes easily with a fork.)
- To skin the tomatoes, cut a cross in the base of the tomatoes and put them into a heatproof bowl.
- Pour over boiling water and leave for one minute.
- Drain and then rinse with cold water and the skin should come away easily,
- De-seed and roughly chop the tomatoes. Melt the butter in a saucepan and sauté the tomatoes until mushy (2 to 3 minutes).
- Remove from the heat and stir in the grated cheese until melted.
- Flake the fish and mix this together with the tomato and cheese sauce and the diced carrot.