Last Holiday Together Before There is a Baby
Top 10 Things To Do During Your Last Baby-free Holiday Season.
- Go to the midnight service of a local church to celebrate Christmas. It doesn’t matter whether you are religious or not, there is just something magical that happens when everyone lights a candle and sings “Silent Night.”
- Watch a tree lighting. It can be a famous tree lighting, or a small town version. You may not choose to be present for the actual lighting, but instead visit for a late night stroll under the lights. Hold hands and sip hot cocoa as you enjoy the merriness of the season.
- Have a holiday party at your house. Invite all of your friends, collect car keys, wear ugly sweaters, serve adult beverages, play ridiculous adult-humor gift exchange games, and call uber to get your friends home safely at the end of the night.
- Buy each other something non-baby related.
- Go to the ballet. There is a Nutcracker performing somewhere. Take the chance to get dressed up and appreciate the arts.
- Do something ridiculous like see two movies back to back in the theater.
- Travel and don’t call it a babymoon. Visit family far away, head to a resort, or go camping if it is warm enough. A destination gives you something to talk about and plan together.
- Get a couple’s massage.
- Make reservations for a fancy no-children-type restaurant. Spend the day having your nails done and getting dressed up while your partner chooses an activity for himself, and then meet up and dine at a 5-star location and talk about life – not baby.
- Sleep in on Christmas morning. It sounds absurd, but trust me – you Christmas mornings will start earlier and earlier each year!