The Seasoned Mom Diaper Bag
Let’s get real here. Those pinterest lists of perfect diaper bag items are wonderful, in theory. Don’t lie. Baby #1, that list was wonderful and lasted the first few months, until baby outgrew the newborn clothing you had packed as backup, you run out of wipes, you hoard your receipts, and you spill Starbucks in the bag from lack of sleep. Then you get real and decide that your bag packing has reached a new level: Seasoned Mom Level. Just so you know you aren’t alone on the random crap you have in your diaper bag, I polled the amazing world of social media. I had an impressive amount of moms share their diaper bags with me. Most common items found in their bags: receipts, crumbs, loose crayons, and smashed diapers. (Note: wipes didn’t make the top of the list.) Are you feeling better about what’s crammed in that ultra-expensive Petunia Pickle Bottom? So let’s do this. Let’s see what seasoned moms really have packed. I’ll start: RECORD YOUR BABY'S HEARTBEAT IN AN ADORABLE STUFFED ANIMAL! I have too many kids to carry to bring the bag in anywhere. It is more of a car bag that I grab if needed. I typically bring the wet bag with a diaper and my wallet inside.
- Ergo Babycarrier (This goes with me EVERYWHERE – with 3 other little ones, the baby is always worn.)
- Cloth diaper and inserts
- Zippered wet bag (The wet diaper I forgot about from yesterday still zipped inside.)
- Baby clothes – including a single baby legwarmer.
- Toddler shorts – because toddlers have accidents
- Clutch wallet with cards, money, and a crap ton of receipts stuffed inside
- Trader Joe’s green tea mints – yes the carton is empty. There was one mint left before the picture.
- Planner stuffed with to-do lists and writing deadlines – along with lots of pencils and pens
- Outdated checkbook
- Site word flashcards
- Sunscreen (I didn’t know that was in there – let alone two different tubes of it.)
- Toddler book
- Hackie sack
- Toy car